500 words 2 references. Please do not use books or articles that require a subscription.
Discuss one of the works this week in relation to its author. Provide some VERY brief biographical information about the author, then answer the following questions in your response:
· In your opinion, what was the author’s purpose for writing this work?
· Consider the author’s personal experiences. What biographical facts or elements from their life are used in the writing? Are any used but changed? Please provide specific, cited examples.
· Which aspects of the writing provide additional insight into the author’s life/experiences?
· How do the facts surrounding the author’s life increase our understanding of the text?
· Were you able to relate to the author and/or their work(s) this week? Why or why not?
The author is ANNE BRADSTREET and the work is To My Dear and Loving Husband
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee.
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let’s so persever,
That when we live no more, we may live ever.