Access Control Strategies
In this assignment, you will develop strategies to protect the data and file systems of a fictitious software development company.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Determine an access control strategy based on existing documents.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Independent Software Incorporated (ISI) is a small software development company with eight employees that work at the home office. Their primary accounts are associated with major market retailers, the federal government, and large state governments. The computer environment for ISI contains a Linux file and print server, a Linux Web server, and ten heterogeneous workstations running multiple operating systems. ISI’s coding development projects often encompass classified information and personally identifiable information (PII).
Write a 2- to 4-page paper in which you:
- Explain why ISI needs an access control plan and the goals of the plan, citing specific, credible sources that support your assertions and conclusions.
- Develop at least three layered access security strategies that can be used to protect ISI’s data at rest, data in motion, and file systems; citing specific, credible sources that support your proposed strategies.
- Explain a best practice process and procedures for implementing ISI’s access security strategies and the overall framework in which they will reside, citing specific, credible sources that support your assertions and conclusions.
- Describe the verification process that can be used to ensure that ISI’s access control plan is effective, citing specific, credible sources that support your assertions and conclusions.
- Explain how ISI’s verification process will be maintained and updated in response to future changes in access requirements.
- Support your main points, assertions, arguments, or conclusions with at least three specific and credible academic references synthesized into a coherent analysis of the evidence.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- For help with research, writing, and citation, access the or review .
- Write clearly and concisely in a manner that is well-organized; grammatically correct; and free of spelling, typographical, formatting, and/or punctuation errors.
- Use section headers in your paper to clearly delineate your main topics.