Please read Uber in 2016: Can It Remain the Dominant Leader of the World’s Fast-Emerging Ridesharing Industry?
Answer the questions below to complete Mini-Case #3.
1. How would you characterize Uber’s business model and strategy? What are the key elements of its customer value proposition? Its profit formula? Its approach to competing in the marketplace?
2. How would you describe competition in the ridesharing industry? What leverage do buyers and suppliers have with ridesharing services? What competitive threat is posed by new entrants and substitute services? Prepare a Five Forces Model of Competition to support your answer.
3. Does Uber operate as a socially responsible business? Assess the five components of Uber’s corporate social responsibility strategy.
4. Examine Uber’s corporate culture. What are the key features of the company’s corporate culture? Has the culture shifted over the lifespan of the company?
5. With what strategic issues should Uber management be most concerned in 2016? What are the 4-5 issues that offer the greatest opportunities or that present the greatest threats to its well-being