Assessment Completed by:
Peer Review of:
1. Open the Job Packet Assignment to be familiar with the assignment and criteria while responding to these questions.
2. Select a draft to review that has not already been reviewed or only has one review.
3. Enter your feedback in the "Job Packet Peer Review Form" and return it to your peer.
4. You must provide at least 2-3 sentences for each point in order to be eligible to receive full credit. Also, if a drafter does not address one of the points listed, you will need to state that the point is not addressed and make a recommendation of how the writer might work this important aspect of the assignment into their draft.
5. You may not simply copy the language from the peer review form in your responses, as this is not in the spirit of the assignment. Your peer review should go beyond confirmation of meeting the assignment to offer constructive feedback.
Peer Review Questions
1. The job application package is complete, containing one application letter and one tailored résumé. Each document is complete and contains all required elements as stated in the handout. Does the document contain both the application letter and résumé?
2. The letter and résumé are tailored to the specific job for which your peer is “applying” and include information relevant to that job. The information included makes clear why this person is qualified for the job. List the desired job and one possible qualification given.
3. The résumé is clean and well organized. The use of space is uniform and well considered. Identify any inconsistencies in organization.
4. The font and type size are easy to read. Different levels of headings are used consistently to demarcate different levels and categories. List any inconsistencies in headings or categories used.
5. The description of job duties and responsibilities at each position include vivid, concrete, action verbs (in past tense if you no longer hold the position). List two examples of inconsistencies in verb tense, if applicable.
6. These verbs are in parallel structure. The style and tone are formal. Paragraphs utilize effective topic sentences. Does each sentence have a topic sentence? If not, copy/paste a sentence that could be the topic sentence.
7. The letter and résumé are each formatted correctly following the specified guidelines in the textbook and assignment instructions. The letter and résumé do not contain information that is prohibited in the assignment instructions. Identify two missing items in formatting, if applicable.
8. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are correct. If there are errors, point those out to your peer.
9. Rate how well the paper aligns with the assignment guidelines: (minimal = does not meet assignment guidelines; medium = meets about 75% of the assignment guidelines; very high = meets 95% or above of the assignment guidelines)
10. Suggestions for meeting the assignment guidelines.
11. Write a final comment to your peer about two of the overall strengths and one overall weakness of the first draft.